i love salt but my kidneys hate me

Saturday, May 05, 2007

the death of kings

i was searching my room for my passport today
and guess what,
i stumbled upon some old unfinished diaries.
Naturally, i read every line in every page,
and i have come to the conclusion that -
i used to be so pathetically naive.

alright, maybe some traces of it still linger,
but goodness, i am so embarrassed of old me.

flashes of my life appeared and disappeared while i read on,
then reappeared again.
It was refreshing and amusing, yet painful.

to nobody's surprise, the name that begins with the letter J
popped out everywhere i looked.
some made me smile in reminiscence, and some others i had to look away.

then there was another J word, with seven letters - jepenga.
and neoprints that were stuck on to the pages.
Looking back, things used to be so simple, so carefree.
Life had only one straight path to walk down.
Now, there seem to be so many forks in the road.

making friends and losing them,
falling in love and breaking up,
laughing and weeping,
fighting and patching up,
studying and failing,
math and science,
rule breaking and uniforms,
exams
then graduation.

what does the future hold?
i'm guessing it's just gonna be a more complicated version of the same.

the same shit, on a different day.
surprise me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home